This web page has been superceeded – please go to www.wellingtoncourthouseontheriver.com.au for all contact.
THE OLD COURTHOUSE AND POLICE STATION MUSEUM
This very historical site was believed to have been settled back in 1841 with the first police station.
Wellington was the first site for a river crossing given its geographical location. In 1838 the first crossing was completed.
With this, in approximately the 1850’s, gold shipments were transported from Mt Alexandra through to Adelaide via our river crossing at Wellington. An upgrade of services for Wellington was ordered and the new Police station, Courthouse, stables, store and accommodation were planned.
The Courthouse is maintained privately with and is be open to the public as it has been in the past.